LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

G

Last post 10-02-2001, 11:59 AM by anonymous2. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-22-2001, 7:15 AM 1459

*** Posted by shoney ***
    how the pilot of F16 can pull over the standart G limit of the F16 fly by wire system (9.3G), there is anything to do with the flight control system in order to cancle the G limit of the flight control computer?
  •  09-25-2001, 5:25 AM 1462 in reply to 1459

Re:G

*** Posted by SKY ***
    Viper can max. 10.5G sure with no carry, and 9G with full carry and fuel.

yep, u right:))

[how the pilot of F16 can pull over the standart G limit of the F16 fly by wire system (9.3G), there is anything to do with the flight control system in order to cancle the G limit of the flight control computer?]
  •  09-26-2001, 10:16 PM 1464 in reply to 1462

*** Posted by run ***
    [Viper can max. 10.5G sure with no carry, and 9G with full carry and fuel.

]

Sky - Your information is incorrect. The flight control system will only allow 9.0Gs on an F-16 with no external stores. If your pull is abrupt you can sometimes see a slight overshoot. I have personally never seen more that 9.5Gs.
    9.5 Gs and over is considered an over-G and the aircraft has to be inspected.
    If you are carrying external stores the flight control system will still allow you to pull 9.0 Gs, but depending on which stores you are carrying it will most likely be an over-G if you do. Some stores - fuel tanks, bombs etc. limits the amount of Gs you are allowed to pull quite a bit.
    You cannot "cancel" the 9.0 G-limit.

Regards Run
  •  09-27-2001, 1:32 PM 1466 in reply to 1462

*** Posted by SHONEY ***

how the pilot of F16 can pull over the standart G limit of the F16 fly by wire system (9.3G), there is anything to do with the flight control system in order to cancle the G limit of the flight control computer?]

ok my question was not if the F16 can pull over 9.3G, that thing i know, my problem is how that happend because the FLight Control Computer will not permitte that in normmaly flight !
    u can pull normally full aft and got that G (10.5G)... hope for answer...

rgards shoney
  •  09-27-2001, 1:35 PM 1467 in reply to 1466

*** Posted by SHONEY ***

how the pilot of F16 can pull over the standart G limit of the F16 fly by wire system (9.3G), there is anything to do with the flight control system in order to cancle the G limit of the flight control computer?

ok my question was not if the F16 can pull over 9.3G, that thing i know, my problem is how that happend because the FLight Control Computer will not permitte that in normmaly flight !
    u can't pull normally full aft and got that G (10.5G)... hope for answer...

rgards shoney]
  •  09-27-2001, 2:44 PM 1468 in reply to 1464

*** Posted by SKy ***
    nope, but i ve seen, ofcr t in operational use, but viper can 10.5G

Sky - Your information is incorrect. The flight control system will only allow 9.0Gs on an F-16 with no external stores. If your pull is abrupt you can sometimes see a slight overshoot. I have personally never seen more that 9.5Gs.
    If you are carrying external stores the flight control system will still allow you to pull 9.0 Gs, but depending on which stores you are carrying it will most likely be an over-G if you do. Some stores - fuel tanks, bombs etc. limits the amount of Gs you are allowed to pull quite a bit.

Regards Run]
  •  09-27-2001, 2:56 PM 1469 in reply to 1468

*** Posted by SKy ***
    i ve forgot ........f16 hadbook page 46 :))

[nope, but i ve seen, ofcr t in operational use, but viper can 10.5G

Viper can max. 10.5G sure with no carry, and 9G with full carry and fuel.

Regards Run]
  •  09-27-2001, 3:28 PM 1470 in reply to 1468

*** Posted by run ***
    ]

Hi Sky, I have flown the bastard for 6 years and it can only pull 9-9.5 G's. There is a note in the Dash 1 that says you can sometimes get a false maximum g indication in the HUD due to INU vibration while the aircraft is at maximum g. False G indications above 10 have been observed - I personally have never seen more that 9.5.
    Don't believe everything you read ;o)

Run
  •  09-27-2001, 3:32 PM 1471 in reply to 1466

*** Posted by run ***
    [
    u can pull normally full aft and got that G (10.5G)... hope for answer...

rgards shoney]

The flight control system will only allow 9.0Gs on an F-16 with no external stores. If your pull is abrupt you can sometimes see a slight overshoot. I have personally never seen more that 9.5Gs.
    9.5Gs and over is considered an over-G and the aircraft has to be inspected.
    There is a note in the Dash 1 that says you can sometimes get a false maximum g indication in the HUD due to INU vibration while the aircraft is at maximum g. False G indications above 10 have been observed - I personally have never seen more that 9.5.

Regards Run
  •  09-27-2001, 5:27 PM 1472 in reply to 1470

*** Posted by SKY ***
    geee, ee i ve it seen in Nellis home of Thunderbirds:)) they dont ve HUDs:))

Hi Sky, I have flown the bastard for 6 years and it can only pull 9-9.5 G's. There is a note in the Dash 1 that says you can sometimes get a false maximum g indication in the HUD due to INU vibration while the aircraft is at maximum g. False G indications above 10 have been observed - I personally have never seen more that 9.5.

Run]
  •  09-28-2001, 7:19 AM 1473 in reply to 1472

*** Posted by SHONEY_131st ***
    [geee, ee i ve it seen in Nellis home of Thunderbirds:)) they dont ve HUDs:))

nope, but i ve seen, ofcr t in operational use, but viper can 10.5G

Run]

as i heard about the israelies pilots from theirs wars, they pulled over 9.5G ! don't know how much more but i am sure in 100% percent they did that !
    i heard that from some IAF soldiers !
    i have to say they risked the structures of the aircrafts ! but they did that :) that's correct u can pull max 9.5G normally but what the strange thing the israelies pilots did it's not normally even "sick" thing... i have to know ! hope to get the answer about that with u...

regards shoney
  •  09-28-2001, 8:39 AM 1474 in reply to 1473

*** Posted by run ***
    [
    as i heard about the israelies pilots from theirs wars, they pulled over 9.5G ! don't know how much more but i am sure in 100% percent they did that !
    i have to say they risked the structures of the aircrafts ! but they did that :) that's correct u can pull max 9.5G normally but what the strange thing the israelies pilots did it's not normally even "sick" thing... i have to know ! hope to get the answer about that with u...

regards shoney
    ]
    Hi Shoney

Are you refering to a specific war ?
    Don't believe anything you hear and read. Considering the shitty aircraft the Israelis have been up against after they got the Viper they wouldn't have to pull more than 9 Gs. It was childs play ;o)
    The only way to override the 9 Gs would be to change the flight control system.

Run

Run
  •  09-29-2001, 11:33 AM 1476 in reply to 1474

*** Posted by SHONEY ***
    [

regards shoney

Hi Shoney

Don't believe anything you hear and read. Considering the shitty aircraft the Israelis have been up against after they got the Viper they wouldn't have to pull more than 9 Gs. It was childs play ;o)

Run

Run]

yes !!! they did something to the plane
    Flight control Computer trick and some other thing don't know yet all i know the other thing were a sick thing

Shoney
  •  09-30-2001, 7:26 AM 1479 in reply to 1476

*** Posted by SKY ***
    Yes, existing emergency codes 4 flcc, and r not permited without aproving, and can be used on empty planes, and its possible until 10.5G, ofcr hazard of sctructurar damage.

[

regards shoney

Hi Shoney

Run

Run

Flight control Computer trick and some other thing don't know yet all i know the other thing were a sick thing

Shoney]
  •  10-01-2001, 6:10 AM 1481 in reply to 1479

*** Posted by Justin Haley ***
    Correct me if im wrong, but i would have thought a G limiter would be somwhat of an advantage during an ACM (dog-fight). I say this because lets say a viper is up against a mig-29 wich will pull as many G's untill the airframe buckles. The mig-29 will pull all these G's and subsaquently reduce its airspeed redicaly while the viper will sustain a 9+ G turn and sustain its airspeed much better. Thus the mig is left slow and predictable and the viper is still relativly high on energy and has many manuever options open for him.

[Yes, existing emergency codes 4 flcc, and r not permited without aproving, and can be used on empty planes, and its possible until 10.5G, ofcr hazard of sctructurar damage.

regards shoney

Hi Shoney

Run

Run

Shoney]
Page 1 of 2 (17 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved