LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

USAFA questions

Last post 10-25-2007, 9:07 AM by raimius. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-24-2007, 12:12 AM 4794

USAFA questions

Hello. I have been wondering what to do with my life and I have recently become infatuated with the idea of becoming a fighter pilot.  I figure the best way to do this would be to attend the USAFA.  I am currently enrolled in community college in Florida as an undeclared major. This is my first semester so the only classes I am enrolled in are basic english, math, and a few humanities.  In high school I had a weighted GPA of 3.7 and was very involved with sports, held a few captain positions, passed four AP exams, and had 150 hours of community service. I have a few questions about USAFA.

1) Is it even possible for me to transfer?

2) If I was to transfer would any of my classes from community college transfer?

3) Are fighter pilots limited to a specific group of majors?

4) What are my chances of getting accepted?

5) And finally, is there a commitment to be enlisted in the Air Force for a specific number of years after you graduate from USAFA?

Thanks.

•  10-25-2007, 9:07 AM 4797 in reply to 4794

Re: USAFA questions

1. You cannot transfer in the traditional sense.  Everyone here does 4 years at USAFA to graduate.

2. Some of your credits may transfer, or you may validate a few classes if you test well.

3. There are no majors requirements to become a pilot.  If you want to be an engineer or a test pilot, you need a technical major.

4.  I don't know, your stats look fairly good.  Apply and find out.

5. USAFA does not graduate enlisted airmen, its purpose is to commission officers.  There is a 5 year active duty and 3 year reserve committment.

Please go to www.academyadmissions.com and read what they have there for more info.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us