LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Questions about getting accepted

Last post 04-22-2007, 11:04 AM by golfer779. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-17-2007, 11:55 PM 4211

Questions about getting accepted

Hi. I am currently in my sophmore year in high school, and will begin my junior year in August. Ive always wanted to be a pilot in the air force, but I am not sure if i decided to late that i wnat to attend the Air Force Academy. I currently have a 3.2 GPA, which i plan to bring up. Because i took geometry this year, to be more qualified I am taking an Algebra II course over the summer, so i can graduate with Trigonometry and pre calc or calculus. I recently began getting involved with CAP as well. I am a student ambassator, and running for student government next year. I am on the cross-country, track and baseball team. Does anyone have any advice, or other things i should do? Also, when should i begin contacting an AF recruiter/Laison officer?
  •  04-18-2007, 11:30 PM 4215 in reply to 4211

Re: Questions about getting accepted

Your extracurriculars look good to me.  Do well in class and excell in those activities.  You may want to talk to your ALO (or find out who they are).  You will want to start actually applying near the end of your Junior year.  Also, apply to Summer seminar.  academyadmissions.com has a good timeline to start working with.
  •  04-22-2007, 11:04 AM 4234 in reply to 4215

Re: Questions about getting accepted

I wouldn't contact the ALO except maybe to touch base, as they'll be worrying about 2012 right now and so you'll want to "wait your turn" so to speak.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us