LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Air Force Academy

Last post 11-08-2006, 10:00 AM by USAFAco11. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-30-2006, 12:44 PM 3572

Air Force Academy

Hi, I am just going in to the High School as a freshman. I want to be a fighter pilot by going through th Air Force Academy to become an officer. I meet all the requirements to be a pilot except my eye defraction. I have a  - 6.00. I have heard about the waivers though. I play football, sometimes basketball, and I am usually in the weightroom a bit in my school to. I usually get a 3.94 GPA average. I have wanted to be a pilot since I can remember. I am going to join the civil air patrol as soon as the school years starts and I am also taking pilot lessons. My grandpa was a fighter pilot in WW2 and was shot down twice but still managed to get up and fight again and live through WW2. He died four months ago. He had a distinguished Flying Cross and a Purple Heart. He gave me my most priced possesion today though, his wings. I feel not only that I want to be a fighter pilot, but I also feel it is my duty. Some other thinks I do are German, I am currently in German 1, and run. What do you think my chances are of getting waivered for my eyes to become a fighter pilot?

-Thanks

•  11-08-2006, 10:00 AM 3713 in reply to 3572

Re: Air Force Academy

I don't know about getting a waiver too much for the eye defraction, however I can tell you that you should only concern yourself with getting into the Academy.  When you are in the application process, you will go through a medical exam at which point they will tell you if you are potentially pilot qualified or not.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us