LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

I have a few questions and I was hoping you gentlemen could answer them

Last post 02-23-2008, 8:23 PM by raimius. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-21-2008, 12:27 AM 5222

I have a few questions and I was hoping you gentlemen could answer them

I am currently a freshman at a community college in Arizona and I have a GPA of 3.5 or so (trying to increase it). After next year I plan to apply and hopefully be accepted to ASU Polytechnics (Aeronautical Management Technology (B.S.) in Professional Flight) my main questions are.

If I ever want to try to become a military aviator, does having a civilian aviation degree increase or decrease my chances? I have heard that if I get civilian pilot training that can make me non-eligible.

I have also heard that Embry Riddle is your best chance for becoming a military aviator but because it is a private school the cost is up there so my next question is.

Is going to an alternate University like ASU a better option? I know you people recommend going to ROTC or one of the military academies but I would like to see if I like flying first and I think a civilian aviation degree is better and that leads to my final question.

Am I in the right state of mind or is going to a military the academy the only real way to become a military aviator.  Thank you for your time and help it is well appriciated.

•  02-21-2008, 10:21 PM 5228 in reply to 5222

Re: I have a few questions and I was hoping you gentlemen could answer them

Im not sure if im understanding your question right and you apparently are much further than me as i am only a junior in high school. However, if by a civilian aviation degree you mean like a privates pilot's license then yes. I spoke to an Air Force recruiter last friday and he told me that i would have an increased chance of success/acceptance if i had a private pilots license.

I could be wrong, and i could have gone babbling on about something you dont even need to know but whatever haha.
  •  02-23-2008, 8:23 PM 5234 in reply to 5222

Re: I have a few questions and I was hoping you gentlemen could answer them

To be a USAF pilot, you need to go through a commissioning program (the academy, ROTC, or OTS), get a pilot slot in there, and go through pilot training.  Flight experience is a positive thing.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us