LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Airforce Fighter pilot outlook

Last post 10-18-2007, 8:34 PM by raimius. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-09-2007, 9:55 PM 4730

Airforce Fighter pilot outlook

Well, like many I'm here for advice on fighter pilot. I came to school and wanted to be a scientist. Then I really took an interest in engineering. So halfway through my sophmore year I dropped the hardest class and kept what I thought would be easy my Bio class and finished that with a D(was not easy). So long story short I did good in other classes and finished up the school year with a 2.97gpa short of 3 from the D. From changing schools and majors I had 3 W's from 2 diff schools. Then I transfered to a better engineering school and got blindsided with very hard poor rated teachers since I signed up for classes so late in the spring prior. I ended up once again with no bright light at the end of tunnel dropped my Calc 2 class.. and Will choose a better teacher in the spring. I'm a previously enlsited AF member and worked on F-16s as a crewchief with Airman leadership classes as a rope and good academic background in techschool. I'm doing a student leadership class now at school and studying mechanical engineering at the same time. I also will be going AFROTC.  With having changed diff school from traveling.. I have, as of now a 4.0gpa, 3.3gpa, and 2.97gpa.. from 3 diff schools. If I continue to keep my grades up do ROTC and stand out.. and can still avg a 3.3 + GPA will i be frowned upon on my educational background? or is it just the gpa they mostly look at? I still want to try for fighter pilot.. but at this point I feel like I made too many mistakes in my education to cont.. the dream.
  •  10-11-2007, 9:31 AM 4738 in reply to 4730

Re: Airforce Fighter pilot outlook

Having a 3.3 in an engineering major at a good school shouldn't hurt too much.  I don't know exactly how competitive pilot slots are out of ROTC units now, but you never know until you try.
  •  10-11-2007, 12:47 PM 4743 in reply to 4738

but do u know.. if they look at just gpa?
  •  10-18-2007, 8:34 PM 4780 in reply to 4743

ROTC ranks their cadets on GPA, fitness scores, and the detachment commander's evaluation (if I remember correctly).
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us