corner

LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Re: The Lexington ATC was NOT doing traffic count after he cleared Comair 5191 for takeoff.

•  02-19-2007, 12:06 PM

Re: The Lexington ATC was NOT doing traffic count after he cleared Comair 5191 for takeoff.

I got this response from a commercial airline pilot....

Ummm, maybe because it was the wrong airplane at the gate? All those airplanes look alike. You could get on the airplane, get settled in and then figure out that it was the wrong airplane. Been there, done that. This is a TOTAL non starter issue.

I am not surprised that there was no alcohol found in the blood. Two beers, 24 ounces. 5% alcohol is just over one ounce of alcohol for the two cans. Alcohol metabolizes at one ounce per hour. Therefore, no alcohol in the blood at flight time.

Yes, Comair policy is probably 12 hours. I will take your word for that. But even if they ignored that, the FAA reg is 8 hours. Still more than enough time to metabolize the the two beers.

----------------------------------
    I then posted this...

Since they didn't test him for an hour after the crash, minimum, he could had sucked down those beers and left the empty cans or bottles in the airport shuttle on the way to the airport an hour before the crash, am I right?

My point being we don't have a clue WHEN he consumed those beers.

It wouldn't be the first time the NTSB lied about the evidence. They are the ones releasing this information and they supposedly got it from somewhere else.

It's not the first time the NTSB didn't investigate drunk pilots who crash their aircraft.

In September of 1978, I was in the post office at Grim Av. and North Park Wy. in San Diego when I heard a crash. I thought it was a traffic accident outside. Then one of the mailmen said a 727 was on fire and crashing. I walk to the door and was the only one who didn't see the plane on fire. I heard it hit the ground only two blocks away. I did see the smoke rising.

I heard that the flight attendant who got off the flight in Los Angeles said the pilots were drinking into the early morning hours in Sacramento. Then I read this...

http://www.unfriendlyskies.com/

halfway down the page, there are links to Rodney Stich's court documents relating to the crash.
View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us