ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association

•  07-09-2005, 2:01 PM

Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association

Hello, my name is Kenneth MacTiernan and I am the Director of a nonprofit organization called the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association, AMTA. I am also a American Airlines Aircraft Maintenance Technician in San Diego, CA.

Almost every school teaches about Orville & Wilbur Wright and their accomplishments. But no one knows about Charles E. Taylor; the Wright brother's mechanic. Charles E. Taylor, or "Charlie", built by hand the first engines for the Wright Flyer from a block of steel with nothing more than a lathe, drill press, and some simple hand tools. And he did this all in 6 weeks.

Charlie worked in the Wright's bicycle shop and helped manufacture and assemble the parts for the Wright Flyer. If not for Charlie's contributions the Wright's and the United States would not have been the first in controlled powered flight.

Over 100 years have passed since the Wrights made aviation history. But Charles E. Taylor has been little more than a foot note. Even today's AMTs are not thought of. The AMTA was created to change that. I created the AMTA to promote to the public the knowledge, skill & integrity that each and every Aircraft Maintenance Technician uses whenever they touch an aircraft.

Our web site, www.amtausa.com, has information about today's AMTs as well as Charles E. Taylor. I hope you can check out the site. If there are any questions please feel free to contact me. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us