ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Re: Which is better: The F-16XL or the F/A-18E/F

•  03-23-2005, 12:08 AM

Re: Which is better: The F-16XL or the F/A-18E/F

I've never been a Hornet fan Ken, but that's simply personal preference, I'll not discount the fact though, that the F/A-18 is good at what it does, I'll never deny it credit that's due. And while it's a moot point to compare the XL to the F/A-18E/F..the XL'll never be produced unless the JSF falls flat on it's V/Stol nozzle. But It's definitely interesting to compare the two..the Hornet's instaturn versus the F-16's sustained turn. My cousin and I have this debate all the time, I own Jane's USAF upgraded to be a bit more realistic..if only people could watch how those battles turn out. I'd like to say one thing though..and while unfortunately all of my F-16 experiance comes from various Simulators... (Falcon 4.0 being my favorite and the most realistic)...replacing the F-14 with the Super Hornet wasn't a very wise decision, the '14 is faster, and it carries that 100+nm weapon, the grand ole AIM-54 Phoenix. Should we ever get into an air battle with our carriers, it'd not take much to send in a couple squads of the newest Flankers and MiGs, and put any Carrier group in serious jeopardy, this situation could easily be resolved with the '14 and the AIM-54, as far as I know, the Super Hornet is lacking any pylons to lug that monster mach five missile around.
View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us