corner

LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Do you think the F - 16 will be replaced soon?

•  07-30-2003, 10:19 PM

Do you think the F - 16 will be replaced soon?

I know, yet another topic, but hey, this is somethin' else that was on my mind; I was wonderin', will the F - 16 (as in the combat, not research versions) be replaced soon. I mean, of course like not within a few weeks or months, but within maybe a few years. Currently, there are 2 planes that seem to be very capable of filling the role the F - 16 takes on: the F - 22 and the JSF.

Even though the F - 22 was originally intended to replace the F - 15, I seriously doubt that Congress would be willing to spend billions of dollars on just an air - superiority fighter, would they? From what I know, the F - 22 is faster, probably more agile, has a greater range, higher ceiling, is a hell of a lot stealthier, and a whole lot more. Even the new Block 60 F - 16s don't seem to match up that well! Could it replace the F - 16 in the near future, assuming it enters production in reasonable numbers?

Of course, it's expensive as hell, so maybe not completely, but what about the JSF, which is meant to replace a lot of fighters, from the F - 15 to the F/A - 18 to the Jaguar, to possibly even the Tornado. It seems that a great deal of the nations are injecting all their effort into making a cheaper, yet just as capable version of the F - 22 to replace a great deal of existing aircraft. The JSF definitely seems like a greater threat than the F - 22 replacing the F - 16, so I guess my question is, is the threat real, or am I just tripping? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us