SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Re: Please Help! HS Senior in Distress

•  05-22-2003, 6:37 PM

Re: Please Help! HS Senior in Distress

I apologize for being absent so long...

f38airchild, you are mistaken on the perfect vision. Someone is providing you poor information. I have 20/70 vision overall, correctable to 20/20 with glasses or contacts. I'm flying for the Air Force. I have friends that do not have "perfect vision" and they fly fighters, bombers, tankers and transport aircraft. You will find us "four-eyes" pilots everywhere.

GWardMD11, you've got mail.

Future F-22 Ace, the days of dogfighting are behind us. The original idea behind the F-22 was to shoot the enemy from so far away they never saw it coming. Now, the F-22 is being reshaped from an air superiority tactical fighter to an attack / tactical fighter. Someone, somewhere has determined that the F-22 should replace both the F-15C and the A-10. Also, advances are being made in UAVs and UCAVs, and at some point, the hope is to replace combat pilots with UCAVs. I'm not dogging the fighter world...but, you need to stay abreast of many things in the world of combat flying...it helps alleviate misconceptions.

Flying is well worth it, whether you're flying an offset trail exercise, an ILS, refueling, or BFM. Fly because you enjoy what you're doing, not because of the image or the prestige, and you're well on your way.

viperbaron, Leo and I have spent a good deal of time talking, and he's decided to attend the Air Force Academy, and also I think he understands that there are many more good flying jobs out there in the Air Force (or Navy) than just being a fighter pilot. But, good advice.

As always, anyone with questions can contact me at the AIM address listed above.
View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us