ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Military Flight Jackets

•  11-07-2002, 4:48 AM

Military Flight Jackets

What I would like to know is, what kind do they use?..

Like I have seen some places that say things about the MA-1 being a like a UASF flight jacket. But when I asked about it on a diff fourm, they said something diff. Here is what one person said about it..

<i>The MA-1 jacket is not a current-issue item, at least not in the USAF flying world. The current summer-weight green Nomex jacket is the CWU-36/P. You can tell the difference in the collar and the pocket flaps. The MA-1 has a knit collar while the 36/P has a fold-down Nomex collar. The MA-1 pockets are snapped down while 36/Ps have velcro flap attachments. Additionally, MA-1s were traditionally made of Nylon, while 36/Ps (and their winter weight counterparts, the CWU-45/P) are made of Nomex (or Aramid). </i>

I would like to try to get my hands on something that a really pilot for the military has wearn or would be issued. I have seen MA-1 on ebay and some of then have UASF on there tag in one of the pockets But then I get that guy telling me something diff. I then got on there and have seen some of those green Nomex jacket he said something about. I just would like to have some info about it. What a real USAF/Naval military pilot would use for a flight jacket.
View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us