LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Cabin Preassure?

Last post 06-30-1999, 7:20 PM by anonymous2. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-29-1999, 10:42 PM 805

Cabin Preassure?

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi,

If anybody can answer this I'd appreciate it. I was watching this program and I saw this pilot breathing irratically even though he had his oxygen mask on. He was'nt pulling any G's but he suffered some kind of Cabin Preassure problem that forced more air into him via tha mask. What the hell was happening to him or what wa he doing? Coul'nt he have hyper-ventilated by doing this?

Regards

Rapier
  •  06-30-1999, 4:00 PM 812 in reply to 805

Re:Cabin Preassure?

*** Posted by run ***
    Hi Rapier

If you suspect a problem with your oxygen system, you normally "gangload your regulater" which means you check its on, go 100% oxygen & set the regulater so you get a constant positive airflow. The positive airflow can hamper talking, but is nessecary in order to make sure cabinair is not entering the mask (There could be a hole in a hose etc.)
    If your cabin-altitude raises above a certain point this positive airflow starts automatically.

run

[Hi,

If anybody can answer this I'd appreciate it. I was watching this program and I saw this pilot breathing irratically even though he had his oxygen mask on. He was'nt pulling any G's but he suffered some kind of Cabin Preassure problem that forced more air into him via tha mask. What the hell was happening to him or what wa he doing? Coul'nt he have hyper-ventilated by doing this?

Regards

Rapier]
  •  06-30-1999, 7:20 PM 814 in reply to 812

Yeah that's it!

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi Run,

Yeah that's it! It was something to do with cabin pressure being to high or low or something. The pilot found it very difficult to breath let alone speak. I could not understand what he was saying when he was trying to speak and he did not want to speak because it was exremely difficult to do so. I saw it on a Science program the other day.

I know it's not a funny situation, but I could'nt help but laugh a bit because his head was going red from this breathing to combat the problem.

Thanks for your response!

Rapier

[snip---Hi Rapier

If you suspect a problem with your oxygen system, you normally "gangload your regulater" which means you check its on, go 100% oxygen & set the regulater so you get a constant positive airflow. The positive airflow can hamper talking, but is nessecary in order to make sure cabinair is not entering the mask (There could be a hole in a hose etc.)
    If your cabin-altitude raises above a certain point this positive airflow starts automatically.

run---snip]

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us