LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Wild Weasel F-16 pic

Last post 06-10-1999, 2:44 PM by anonymous2. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-31-1999, 12:26 PM 702

Wild Weasel F-16 pic

*** Posted by Melvin ***
    Take a look at this pic...
    Go to http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsaf
    then click "The News Hub"...after you have entered the page, click on "The News, Etc"
    Then u will see the "Wild Weasel" F-16C/D with a special structure on its back. This is the Wild Weasel equipment.
    This is believed to contain unclassiied electronics, special jammer and weapon delivery system for SEAD mission.
    This may help your research in the special F-16 package. I'm still reseaching though, and no military source is willing to give me more information of this equipment.
  •  05-31-1999, 7:31 PM 705 in reply to 702

Re:Wild Weasel F-16 pic

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi Melvin,

This simply look's like it could be a back facing radar (look at pic's of the SU's & you will see similar things)which allows the F-16 to perform their W-W missions, it looks also as though it has intergrated and improved ECM. If you think logically you will know what this does Melvin, when you are flying a Wild Weasel in enemy sky's you are in a dangerous situation because of the SAM's, you need to take them out first & this equipment helps foil their Radars/missles into not striking your aircraft. If it is classified then you will not find much info on this unfortunately, but keep looking there's always things on the net that give you a bigger picture of what's happening.

Rapier

•  06-05-1999, 1:34 AM 739 in reply to 702

*** Posted by run ***
    Hi Melvin
    It sounds to me like you are on the right track on narrowing down what is contained in the back.
    Just one thing. You call it unclassified. You do mean classified right ;o)?
    run
    [Take a look at this pic...
    Go to http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsaf
    then click "The News Hub"...after you have entered the page, click on "The News, Etc"
    Then u will see the "Wild Weasel" F-16C/D with a special structure on its back. This is the Wild Weasel equipment.
    This is believed to contain unclassiied electronics, special jammer and weapon delivery system for SEAD mission.
    This may help your research in the special F-16 package. I'm still reseaching though, and no military source is willing to give me more information of this equipment.]
  •  06-05-1999, 1:34 PM 740 in reply to 739

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi,

The picture Melvin mentioned does look interesting. I think he does mean classified but I dont see what's too classified about it apart from it being a very expensive piece of eqiptment some radar jammer of ECM dispenser. Hmmm I've never seen one of these F-16's before, I wonder if it effects the handling of the aircraft slightly?

Regards

Rapier
  •  06-09-1999, 9:09 PM 744 in reply to 702

*** Posted by Kim Nielsen ***
    ......This is the Wild Weasel equipment.
    This is believed to contain ......and weapon delivery system for SEAD mission.
    xxxxxxxxxx

I could be interested in a specifikation of the designation "wild weasel", wich I remember have been used on some F-4 Phantoms as well.
    In addition would i like the shortening "SAED" to be extracted for my coming knowledge in this stuff.

Kim
  •  06-10-1999, 2:44 PM 745 in reply to 744

*** Posted by run ***
    [I could be interested in a specifikation of the designation "wild weasel", wich I remember have been used on some F-4 Phantoms as well.
    In addition would i like the shortening "SAED" to be extracted for my coming knowledge in this stuff.

Kim]

SEAD = Suppression of Enemy Air Defence

and Wild Weasel are just the aircraft which are used in that specific role.
    run
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us