LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Flying clubs?

Last post 05-20-1999, 9:14 PM by anonymous2. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-19-1999, 9:03 PM 518

Flying clubs?

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi

I would be interested to know what's the best way to join a flying club (who should I contact). Are there many different varieties of aircraft to fly and is it expensive?

Regards

Rapier
  •  05-19-1999, 10:42 PM 524 in reply to 518

Re:Flying clubs?

*** Posted by run ***
    [Hi

I would be interested to know what's the best way to join a flying club (who should I contact). Are there many different varieties of aircraft to fly and is it expensive?

Regards

Rapier]

If I were you I would start out flying gliders. It's cheap & it's a lot more fun than flying prop planes. If I didn't fly f16 I would be sitting in a glider ;-)

RUN
  •  05-20-1999, 1:36 AM 531 in reply to 524

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hej RUN,

I would like to fly a glider but compared to a fighter they are nothing. I'm a bit of a speed freak and not like most people I actually like a bit of G you see. I sent off for this brochure which I received, where you can go up in a Delphin fighter, unfortunately it was'nt an F16, I would of probably fainted if it had been. I was really looking forward to doing it as they teach you alot about things like the ejection seat and breathing techniques to deal with the G, but the service was temporarily unavailable. I was gutted. I'll have to enquire about gliders. So RUN, you said glider flights were cheap. How much would you say. I know it varies but I was just wondering roughly how much.

Do you remember RUN your first time in a jet? What was going through your mind at the time and how did you feel when you stepped back down on the tarmac? I bet you felt like a million dollars.

Regards

Rapier

[
    If I were you I would start out flying gliders. It's cheap & it's a lot more fun than flying prop planes. If I didn't fly f16 I would be sitting in a glider ;-)

RUN]
  •  05-20-1999, 2:24 AM 535 in reply to 531

*** Posted by run ***
    [--SNIP--So RUN, you said glider flights were cheap. How much would you say. I know it varies but I was just wondering roughly how much.

Do you remember RUN your first time in a jet? What was going through your mind at the time and how did you feel when you stepped back down on the tarmac? I bet you felt like a million dollars.

Regards

Rapier]
    Hi Rapier
    First a detail. Try and read what it sais above the form when you post a message ;-)

Prices vary alot from country to country. In Denmark they operate on a voluntary basis so its about 4$ for every start & around 25$ a month on top of that.

I surely did ;-)

RUN
  •  05-20-1999, 3:00 AM 539 in reply to 535

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    I'm sorry RUN,
    I did'nt understand what you meant about reading what it says above the form. Could you elaborate?
    Thanks

Rapier

[
    Hi Rapier
    First a detail. Try and read what it sais above the form when you post a message ;-)]

•  05-20-1999, 7:47 AM 542 in reply to 539

*** Posted by run ***
    Write your comment before the square brackets, else it will be treated as an old comment.

It is not that important to write before, but you definetely have to write outside the square brackets. There can only be 1 set of square brackets & everything within is treated as an old message.
    RUN
    [I'm sorry RUN,
    I did'nt understand what you meant about reading what it says above the form. Could you elaborate?
    Thanks

Rapier

Hi Rapier
    First a detail. Try and read what it sais above the form when you post a message ;-)

]
  •  05-20-1999, 9:14 PM 544 in reply to 542

Square brackets

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi,

O.K Thanks, RUN. I sometimes forget to write ahead of the square brackets, sorry I'll try to remember in future.

Thanks

Rapier
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved