LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Looking for T-38 info.

Last post 11-12-2004, 12:49 PM by run. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-17-2004, 7:14 PM 2570

Looking for T-38 info.

I am a former B-52 & F-4 driver, Craig AFB 1972, who lost his medical due to heart problems.  I am in the process of building a T-38 simulator based on the Microsoft Flight simulator program.  My back ground in engineering and a long time hobby of woodworking give me most of the tools to fabricate the project.  My goal is to make the simulator trailer mounted and then allow young boys and girls to experience flying the simulator at BSA, CAP meeting, air shows, etc.

I have chosen the T-38 for several reasons.  It is easily recognizable, relatively simple and high performance.  I also have experience flying the airplane, so my thirty year old memories will hopefully help me build something that is fairly authentic.

I want this to be as realistic an experience as possible, within the limits of technology, budget, etc.  My memories are thirty years old.  I need accurate measurements of the cockpit and pictures of the rudder pedals, so I can duplicate them.  More importantly, I would like to know the control feel.  Measure the stick pressures at the hand.  Know the amount of pressure the rudders take, etc.

Does anyone have access to a T-38 who can get cockpit measurements , pictures and tech info, such as stick and rudder pressure for me?  I have some info but want as much as possible.

Thanks,
    John

•  11-12-2004, 12:49 PM 2667 in reply to 2570

Re: Looking for T-38 info.

Hi John

I have a little over 1000 hours in the T-38, but I am not currently flying it and can't help you with your questions since they don't have T-38's where I am flying now. It is definately possible to make a sim feel exactly like a T-38 since the real jet doesn't have any feedback from the controls. It is all artificial caused by springs and bob weights, but you probably knew that.

Maybe this company can help you. They specialize in restoring T-38s:
    http://www.thorntonaircraft.com/body/body.cfm?page_name=mil

Good luck

Run
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact