LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Re:becoming a fighter pilot

Last post 02-27-2002, 12:08 AM by anonymous2. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-26-2002, 8:52 PM 1639

*** Posted by Stainless ***
    Well i just have to argue with the statement saying it is easier to become a pilot in the U.S. I would just like you to know that U.S. fighter pilots,especially for the Marines, undergo many I.Q. tests which are much more difficult than the rinky dink ones you went through.Their bootcamp makes yours look like a walk to the park.Our pilots will always be superior to yours. [Hi Sid

I can only tell you how the Danish Airforce selects its pilots. We have one of the toughest selection programs because Denmark is a small country and can't afford to put people through the education who may or may not make it. It costs several million dollars to make an f16 pilot. If you are from US or other countries it is probably easier to get in.

They give you an IQ test, so I guess they do care about your intelligence. You have to be good in math and Denmark don't accept people who are allready wearing glasses. On top of this there are a lot of other tests you have to go through. This may be different in other countries.

Hope that helped.

John Raahauge (run)

Hi there, all my life i loved jet planes, and so i wanna become a fighter pilot. So my question is that can i become a pilot with not so good grades, like do you have to be real smart to become a fighter pilot, cause right now i'm a senior in high school, how about the math, do you need to be good at math? This is very important please respond to this message, and one more thing is that i wear glasses, will that effect me from being a pilot?]

Please don't change anything between the square parenthesis, but do erase this text.
  •  02-27-2002, 12:08 AM 1640 in reply to 1639

*** Posted by Viking ***
    Not to get into a Pi***** contest, but it is fact that the Scandinavians (Norwegians & Danes) perform better than their US Airforce counterparts during their pilot training (They train the same place in US)
    But maybe your Navy selection is much better than your Airforce, I don't know.

Viking

[Well i just have to argue with the statement saying it is easier to become a pilot in the U.S. I would just like you to know that U.S. fighter pilots,especially for the Marines, undergo many I.Q. tests which are much more difficult than the rinky dink ones you went through.Their bootcamp makes yours look like a walk to the park.Our pilots will always be superior to yours. ]
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us