LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Emergency landing explanation

Last post 05-09-1999, 11:52 PM by anonymous2. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-29-1999, 12:30 AM 168

Emergency landing explanation

*** Posted by Julian ***
    Hi John,
    I mean engines off, gear damage.
    Have you ever been in this situation?
    Thank you John
    Tiger

•  04-29-1999, 1:54 AM 174 in reply to 168

Re:Emergency landing explanation

*** Posted by Run ***
    Not engine off, but I have had engineproblems (oil press, bird strike etc.) & bad gear indication.

When you post a comment please do it in the same thread. Like if you wanted to make an answer to this posting, Press add comment on this page.

Run
    [Hi John,
    Thank you John
    Tiger

]
  •  05-04-1999, 9:17 PM 241 in reply to 168

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    [Hi John,
    Thank you John
    Tiger

]
    Hi Tiger,

I've had a flame out on final approach in F4 and it's not very nice. It can leave you short of the runway but if this happens still try to land at your base as close as possible because if you declare an emergeny landing they will still scramble the fire and medical crews to where you landed to help you because they watch you come in.

I have also had some major gear damage comming back from a mission and had to declare an emergency. I had to land the F16 on it's belly and I did this ok. There were sparks and smoke everywhere. If you are in this situation remember that you still have to pull back on the stick and keep the aircraft level when your skidding along the ground. Pulling back on the stick and using your airbrakes will help bring the aircraft to a quicker halt.
    You must be brave and keep a cool head in this situation or you will make a mistake and get killed.

Rapier.
  •  05-07-1999, 11:27 PM 329 in reply to 241

*** Posted by Kim Nielsen ***

[

I have also had some major gear damage comming back from a mission and had to declare an emergency. I had to land the F16 on it's belly and I did this ok. There were sparks and smoke everywhere. If you are in this situation remember that you still have to pull back on the stick and keep the aircraft level when your skidding along the ground. Pulling back on the stick and using your airbrakes will help bring the aircraft to a quicker halt.
    You must be brave and keep a cool head in this situation or you will make a mistake and get killed.

Rapier.
    ]

I remember that RDAF had an belly-landing with F-16 early after it's introduction. The reason why I remembers is that it happened live in front of a tv-crew from the national-regional tv-station.
    The fighter suffered very slight damage becaused by the belly mounted tank / canister (?), and i noticed that it was levelled perfect until the last ½ meter, however the control planes were dancing pretty much towards the end of the glide to keep the control of the situation!!
    The pilot? I didnt see him at the first becaused of a short focus on the oncoming fireengines, but then I spotted a small figure record-sprinting across the surrounding grassareas - OK he came well out!

Kim
  •  05-07-1999, 11:36 PM 330 in reply to 329

*** Posted by Rapier ***

[

I remember that RDAF had an belly-landing with F-16 early after it's introduction. The reason why I remembers is that it happened live in front of a tv-crew from the national-regional tv-station.
    The fighter suffered very slight damage becaused by the belly mounted tank / canister (?), and i noticed that it was levelled perfect until the last ½ meter, however the control planes were dancing pretty much towards the end of the glide to keep the control of the situation!!
    The pilot? I didnt see him at the first becaused of a short focus on the oncoming fireengines, but then I spotted a small figure record-sprinting across the surrounding grassareas - OK he came well out!

Kim]

Hi Kim,

It's interesting you should mention that! I've got this clip (of an F-16 belly landing) that describes what you said to a T. I'll have to take a look at it though to see if it was a RDAF F-16. I remember I taped the clips off of a TV program when the F-16 was being tested and if I remember correctly I think you could be right, that it could be an early model RDAF F-16.

Thanks

Rapier
  •  05-09-1999, 11:52 PM 332 in reply to 330

*** Posted by Kim Nielsen ***
    [

I remember that RDAF had an belly-landing with F-16 early after it's introduction....................

Kim

Hi Kim,

It's interesting you should mention that! I've got this clip (of an F-16 belly landing) that describes what you said to a T. I'll have to take a look at it though to see if it was a RDAF F-16. I remember I taped the clips off of a TV program when the F-16 was being tested and if I remember correctly I think you could be right, that it could be an early model RDAF F-16.

Thanks

Rapier
    ]

Hi Rapier!
    Considering the noted time for Your answar as above, I should have been a little more aware to follow up. I could have gone allmost online! :-)
    A small add to what might bee our common belly-landing experience: I'm most impressed of the gentle and very controlled touch-down with the belly - which might bee at least ½ a meter lower than the normal "feeling" of the undercarriage. And all in all done under the stress of the onboard automatic flight controls audible warnings of unset undercarriage!

Kim
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us