LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Communication Question

Last post 06-24-2009, 12:51 AM by rohaan. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-14-2003, 3:10 PM 2358

Communication Question

Is it possible for pilots to communicate while flying at Mach 1+? I figure that they'd fly past their sound before it got into the radio, and it'd be the same way if they were trying to hear a radio communication. I've thought of every possibility I could think of, and the only conclusion I could come up with is that they don't comunicate while flying Mach 1+. So am I right, or is there just something I haven't thought about yet?
  •  08-05-2004, 5:13 PM 2530 in reply to 2358

Re: Communication Question

Hi DarkNinja_75

Yes, they can communicate fine. Speed is relative. Even when flying at more than the speed of sound, the microphone is standing still in relation to you, so the time it takes for the sound to travel from your mouth to the microphone stays the same. Also, you are sitting inside a canopy, so the air around you is following you regardless of speed.
  •  01-16-2005, 6:19 PM 2764 in reply to 2358

i think you would be right if they wasn't in a cockpit but since they are in an inclosed area. they would be able to hear. or how else would they confirm orders. or send messages back to headquarters. so they'd have to be able to talk and hear while going that fast.
  •  06-24-2009, 12:51 AM 7853 in reply to 2530

My favorite place in Europe is Istanbul, There are many night clubs, pubs, restaurants and taverns with live music in the city. The night clubs, restaurants and bars increase in number and move to open air spaces in the summer.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us