LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

chances of flying advanced fighter?

Last post 11-16-2004, 3:36 PM by Lt.. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-14-2004, 2:31 PM 2670

• Lt. is not online. Last active: 03-14-2005, 6:34 PM Lt.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-13-2004
    • United States of America
    • Posts 11

chances of flying advanced fighter?

Hi everyone I'm new to this site. And got a question for any military pilots or students learning to fly. I'm a senior in high school and have a slight speech problem. Will that hurt my chances of flying say the F-22 Raptor. I am in the air force aux.(also known as Civil Air Patrol or CAP) My speech has gotten better as I've grown, And plan to attend ERAU(Embry Riddle Aeronautical University).Of course I also plan to go through AFROTC. I've been itching to get this question answered but no one can help me so you guys are my last resort. I will be thankful for anything you might know.

-Lt.
  •  11-15-2004, 11:24 AM 2671 in reply to 2670

Re: chances of flying advanced fighter?

Hi Lt.

It all depends how bad the problem is. Communication is big and extremely important part of flying. A lot of critical com. is taking place while you are engaged in Combat and also while just flying around in the instrument pattern back at the base. It is absolutely crucial that all com. is fast and clear.
    Have you tried working your problem with a speech therapist?

RUN
  •  11-15-2004, 3:51 PM 2672 in reply to 2671

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-13-2004
    • Posts 11

My speech is not that bad that I can't talk on the radio period. Some words I can say perfectly clear but others like ones that start with S and T I have trouble with. And I went through speech tharepy when I was in 1st grade and got teased for it. And like I said it gets better as I age, But I'm not sure if it will clear up before I go to college and join AFROTC.(And thats what scares me)

And are you a pilot or aviation student? It looks like by your picture your a fighter pilot.

•  11-16-2004, 2:18 AM 2673 in reply to 2672

Hi Lt.

I still think you can benefit from speech therapy when you are older, but I am no expert on the subject. Also, maybe a speech therapist will be able to tell you about your chances of getting rid of this all together. Is surgery an option?
    Yes, I am a pilot.

Regards RUN
  •  11-16-2004, 9:00 AM 2674 in reply to 2670

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-13-2004
    • Posts 11

Thank you for the advice I will get in touch with a speech therapist. And didn't know that you can go through a operation for your studder. I will get in touch with someone who can help me.Once again Thank you for your advice.....

-Lt.

•  11-16-2004, 2:43 PM 2678 in reply to 2674

Lt. wrote:

And didn't know that you can go through a operation for your studder.

-Lt.

I don't think you can for studder either. I wasn't sure until now what kind of speech problem you had. But I still think a speech therapist will be able to help you.
    Maybe you won't have a problem since a lot of the com is standard. I know people with studder problems can often sing and even rap without any studder, but when they engage in normal conversation they have the problem.
  •  11-16-2004, 3:36 PM 2679 in reply to 2678

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-13-2004
    • Posts 11

Yeah I can sing fine same with when I'm alone I can talk with no studder at all. And like i said before i will get in touch with a speech therapist and see what i can do.Thank you for your help

-Lt.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us