LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

f-16 vs. f-18

Last post 04-09-2001, 3:31 PM by anonymous2. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-31-2001, 8:06 AM 1345 in reply to 1344

Re:f-16 vs. f-18

*** Posted by run ***
    I think he was pulling your leg ;o)

Run

[i have talked to a USAF 16 pilot and he say's that the f-16 can do 3 perfect rolling monuevers. i dont know what it is called but it looks as though he pulls up and at same time puts stick to the right/left and makes the plane roll in a funny way so that it rolls up and down. He said that even modern fighters such as rafale couldnt do it, and that it could be a useful monuever in a dogfight as others wouldnt be able to follow.]
  •  03-31-2001, 8:20 AM 1346 in reply to 1345

*** Posted by Justin ***
    no, he wasnt. when i find the name of the monuever i will tell u.
  •  04-01-2001, 3:46 PM 1349 in reply to 1346

*** Posted by Justin ***
    okay, the pilot's name was Blan Smith, i think he is a pilot for LM. He said the f-16 is special in way's even upcoming aircraft arnt.
    I.E.
    * thrust 2 weight
    take off
    vertical climb

* agility
    it's turn rate
    high own set rate (own?)
    change in direction capability

He said he shows some of these in what he calls the falcon turn.

•  04-09-2001, 12:29 AM 1363 in reply to 1345

*** Posted by David ***
    I've seen this menuever done but only at Edwards AFB and it was an AFFTC F-16B. Wide rolls but far from perfect. Looked like the aircraft was at a high AoA.

[I think he was pulling your leg ;o)

Run

i have talked to a USAF 16 pilot and he say's that the f-16 can do 3 perfect rolling monuevers. i dont know what it is called but it looks as though he pulls up and at same time puts stick to the right/left and makes the plane roll in a funny way so that it rolls up and down. He said that even modern fighters such as rafale couldnt do it, and that it could be a useful monuever in a dogfight as others wouldnt be able to follow.]
  •  04-09-2001, 3:29 PM 1365 in reply to 1363

*** Posted by run ***
    I know how the F-16 rolls at high AOA (since I have flown the sucker) and it is kind of unique, but not something I would rely on completely as a guns defense.

RUN

[I've seen this menuever done but only at Edwards AFB and it was an AFFTC F-16B. Wide rolls but far from perfect. Looked like the aircraft was at a high AoA.

I think he was pulling your leg ;o)

Run

i have talked to a USAF 16 pilot and he say's that the f-16 can do 3 perfect rolling monuevers. i dont know what it is called but it looks as though he pulls up and at same time puts stick to the right/left and makes the plane roll in a funny way so that it rolls up and down. He said that even modern fighters such as rafale couldnt do it, and that it could be a useful monuever in a dogfight as others wouldnt be able to follow.]
  •  04-09-2001, 3:31 PM 1366 in reply to 1365

*** Posted by run ***
    Unless of course it was guns jinks he was refering to, but I doubt it. All aircraft has their little speciallity.
    Most kills are going to be with missiles in the future though.

RUN
Page 2 of 2 (21 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved