LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

What if I wasn't a boyscout?

Last post 12-18-2006, 11:12 PM by raimius. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-12-2006, 5:46 PM 3835

What if I wasn't a boyscout?

Hey,

I'm reading this and that. I noticed that many people on here are boyscouts, and are getting there Eagle. First off whats a Eagle, I assume its a rank. Also I was never a boyscout. I mean I guess thats one thing I wouldn't have on a resume. I mean positives I have, is a 3.9gpa and President of the Student Council. I am also a predomiant leader on all the sports teams I have a ever played on. Right now i'm looking to get in contact with my grade's counciler on getting in some community service and also getting involved in CAP. I think my counciler would be more then happy to help me, hes a korean war vetern.

I have 1 negitive. I am currently almost 14 and in the 8th grade. I also i'm pretty popular, but people think I'm crazy for joining. And they also say I'm going to fly into building. Now I think thats a rude absumsion to say to anyone. Just reminds me of a good saying, "Sticks and F-16c's will break my bones, but rude asses will never hurt me."

Jake
    Skata
  •  12-14-2006, 11:52 PM 3840 in reply to 3835

Re: What if I wasn't a boyscout?

To answer your first question, Eagle scout is the highest rank in boy scouts.  It usually takes about 4 years to earn.  Service Academies like it because it shows leadership, hard work, and commitment.

Having a high GPA, being a class/club/team leader, playing sports, and being involved in community service are all positives.  You have a lot of time (until your Junior year) to succeed and improve on all of these things.  (If you wanted to, you could still join scouts and become an Eagle, too.  I joined in 8th grade, and so did my roommate.)  Just find activities you enjoy and do really well at them and keep improving your grades.

•  12-16-2006, 12:12 AM 3846 in reply to 3840

Hey thanks for the info.

I'll think about joining. Just with sports and all, everything is just taking all my time. I mean we practice 2 hours a day, everyday. Plus coach gets mad when I miss Basketball practice for a 45min student council meeting. Also do they take spelling bees, geogrophy bees as a Positive. I won class for the 'G'bee in 6th. 3rd in school. Came 2nd in class for both last year. This year So far I have won the class geogrophy bee and spelling bee is coming next week. As you can see i'm half way decent at spelling. Just looks at the way I spelled geogrophy. That maybe even be right, I don't know. I'll keep trying.

Jake
  •  12-18-2006, 11:12 PM 3849 in reply to 3846

USAFA only looks at what you do in high school (those years, not just AT HS)

If you progress past a school level, I would include that in your resume.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us