LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Too late to become a fighter pilot???

Last post 01-11-2010, 6:27 PM by raimius. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-06-2010, 6:27 PM 8808

Too late to become a fighter pilot???

Hi,

I'd love an honest answer to my question. Basically, it was my biggest dream to become a fighter pilot around age 13. However, our family had immigration problems, and not until last year did we finally receive our green cards after living in the US for 20 years. Now I am 23, I have just graduated from college with a degree in Biology, and I am thinking about going to veterinary school. Being a pilot is always on the back of my mind though. I figure by the time I am 25-26 I will have become a citizen. So will it be possible to become a fighter? I know most fighters will have very technical engineering degrees(IMO biology and how cells work are more complicated than any man made machine that will ever be built), but I just want to know what steps I would need to take to reach my goal.

Thanks
  •  01-11-2010, 6:27 PM 8833 in reply to 8808

Re: Too late to become a fighter pilot???

Well, citizenship is required, but it looks like you will have that covered.  You have a degree, so that's another thing checked off.  If you are continuing in school, look into AFROTC.  If not, AF OTS would work too. 

You would need to be selected prior to being 29, if I recall correctly.

Look into active duty, reserves, and air national guard, as they each have slightly different programs.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us