LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

What are my chances for USAFA?

Last post 08-21-2007, 11:38 AM by raimius. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-20-2007, 1:42 AM 4646

What are my chances for USAFA?

Becoming a pilot has been a pursuit and goal of mine for a number of years now. I want to become a pilot by going through the USAFA and through the airforce. If that doesn't work out I want to be a aviation mechanic. What are my chances in being enrolled into the USAFA.

I have a high GPA, 3.45.

Perfect vision and hearing.

I haven't taken my SAT or ACT yet but I will my Senior year. 

I'm very fit, I love anarobic and aerobic exersize. I'm in Track and Field,                                                                                               (2 years)

I have a great work ethic, I'm a construction worker.

I'm a Christian with good moral values, I attend Church weekly and devote time to God almost daily.

I have taken and I will take the following classes:     English 4, US History, Government, World History, Auto 1 and 2, Manufactoring Teck 1 and 2, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science, Biology, Spanish 1 and 2, Algerbra 1 and 2, Math Analysis, Weight Training (2 times),  Physical Ed., Advanced Physical Ed. , Keyboarding, Creative Art (didn't care for it.) and, Economics.

I strive hard to reach good grades and be my best, I have good leadership skills but no proof for it besides youth group church sessions, and I like the idea of making my mind and body strong in the USAFA. Please tell me my chances, if you could. Much Thanks.

•  08-21-2007, 11:38 AM 4649 in reply to 4646

Re: What are my chances for USAFA?

Your GPA is a bit low.  The average appointee has a 3.86.  You should try to get through Calc 1 by your senior year, plus take chem and physics.

No one can really tell you what your chances are, except the admissions board.  In the end, averages and numbers only go so far to estimate chances.  The best advice I can give is to go for it and give your all. 

I would reccomend taking the ACT/SAT junior year.

www.academyadmissions.com has a lot of good information about applying.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us