LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

becoming a fighter pilot for the U.S.A.F

Last post 05-28-2006, 10:02 AM by americanstrategist. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-09-2006, 10:18 AM 3256

becoming a fighter pilot for the U.S.A.F

Iam in my freshmen year of highschool and i want to become a fighter pilot
    can any boady tell what are the requierments to become a fighter pilot. And dose any boady know if having ADHD will effect my chances.Also i am going to an aviation acadmey for my tenth grade year will this help.

If any boady has information can you PLEASE post it

THANKS

•  04-17-2006, 8:18 PM 3307 in reply to 3256

Re: becoming a fighter pilot for the U.S.A.F

Hello, I am too on a similar quest, I am in 10th grade and have done extensive reseacher. You must excel in Science and Math classes, be Physically Fit, being able to do 1.5 miles in 12 minutes, 50 pushups and situps in 2 minutes. They also look for a whole person to be a fighter pilot. This means, intelligent, plays sports, has an after school activity that benefits the community like Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts. Your grades should be in the 90's, you just don't automatically become a fighter pilot, your put in a class of 8-10 and then they take the top 2-3 to become fighter/bomber pilots, the rest become refuelers or transport pilots. You must have a set mind and be committed.

As for your  condition I'm not sure, you might have less a chance unforunatley, even if ou use medication because it is an unknown to me what multiple G stresses could have on ADHD

PS: What Aviation Academy?
  •  05-28-2006, 10:02 AM 3373 in reply to 3256

Re: becoming a fighter pilot for the U.S.A.F

Hello, I am also a freshman in high school who wants to be a pilot.  To answer your ADHD question, I believe that if you have ADHD and you can prove that you can pass academically without medication for 12 months, you can still enter a service academy.  I got this information from a source about the United States Air Force Academy.  You should write to a service academy about the exact details for this. 

Remeber that you can still probably be a fighter pilot even though you might have ADHD.  By the way, if you have electives, you might want to take engineering or computer science instead of, say, the arts.  I think that it might increase your chances of being accepted to a service academy if they see that you are intersted in technology.  Also, remember to take at least to years of foreign language.  Four are better.

So, anyways, get good grades, be the best athlete you can be, and good luck with your goal!

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us