LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Thanks for the Air-Air combat tactics RUN

Last post 04-29-1999, 12:12 AM by anonymous2. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-28-1999, 11:45 PM 164

Thanks for the Air-Air combat tactics RUN

*** Posted by Lorenzo ***
    Hi RUN,

Thanks for the dogfight tactics. I used what you said in Falcon 4 (the best F16 sim out at the moment) and it seemed to work. Because the AI is good in the game I managed to get a kill with one of the Mig's head on just after they split because I worked out that the AIM 9 would probably have greater success by seeing the heat from the engines side on and it did a successful kill! The other Mig tryed a different tactic and went high, so while keeping an eye on him pulled my nose on to him and locked him up and fired trying to force him down to my altituted so I could go to guns incase the missle missed and then BOOM! I made his plane look like a giant Firework.

I think that Falcon 4 is the best F-16 sim because the game had input from real F16 pilots like yourself. The flight model is spot on.

By the way John I hope you dont mind us all asking these questions, because I could go on all day talking about the F16 I love the plane so much. You see if you talk to a normal person about the F16 they will say "F16 - Oh yeah, great plane", tell you a few fact's and then end of story. Now if you talk to an F16 pilot you both will like to talk about the F16 because you find the plane interesting, I just hoped you felt ok about it because I know that it can get a it too much for anybody when they are bombarded with quetions from everywhere. There is a reason I am asking you these questions - I am at the moment designing my own F16 flight sim so you can see that your input and your website is very useful, so this is why I asked you for more technical knowledge because I am unable to find any even on the internet. I have written to Lockheed Martin, but they dont take me seriously so I did not bother them anymore.

Thanks RUN, speak to you soon.

Rapier
  •  04-29-1999, 12:12 AM 165 in reply to 164

Re:Thanks for the Air-Air combat tactics RUN

*** Posted by RUN ***
    Your welcome

& feel free to answer other peoples questions if you know the answer(That goes for everybody)

run

[Hi RUN,

Thanks for the dogfight tactics. I used what you said in Falcon 4 (the best F16 sim out at the moment) and it seemed to work. Because the AI is good in the game I managed to get a kill with one of the Mig's head on just after they split because I worked out that the AIM 9 would probably have greater success by seeing the heat from the engines side on and it did a successful kill! The other Mig tryed a different tactic and went high, so while keeping an eye on him pulled my nose on to him and locked him up and fired trying to force him down to my altituted so I could go to guns incase the missle missed and then BOOM! I made his plane look like a giant Firework.

I think that Falcon 4 is the best F-16 sim because the game had input from real F16 pilots like yourself. The flight model is spot on.

By the way John I hope you dont mind us all asking these questions, because I could go on all day talking about the F16 I love the plane so much. You see if you talk to a normal person about the F16 they will say "F16 - Oh yeah, great plane", tell you a few fact's and then end of story. Now if you talk to an F16 pilot you both will like to talk about the F16 because you find the plane interesting, I just hoped you felt ok about it because I know that it can get a it too much for anybody when they are bombarded with quetions from everywhere. There is a reason I am asking you these questions - I am at the moment designing my own F16 flight sim so you can see that your input and your website is very useful, so this is why I asked you for more technical knowledge because I am unable to find any even on the internet. I have written to Lockheed Martin, but they dont take me seriously so I did not bother them anymore.

Thanks RUN, speak to you soon.

Rapier]
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved