LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

becoming a fighter pilot

Last post 07-23-2011, 9:18 AM by Flaphead. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-20-2000, 1:20 PM 1233

becoming a fighter pilot

*** Posted by Sid Nomani ***
    Hi there, all my life i loved jet planes, and so i wanna become a fighter pilot. So my question is that can i become a pilot with not so good grades, like do you have to be real smart to become a fighter pilot, cause right now i'm a senior in high school, how about the math, do you need to be good at math? This is very important please respond to this message, and one more thing is that i wear glasses, will that effect me from being a pilot?
  •  10-21-2000, 10:57 AM 1234 in reply to 1233

Re:becoming a fighter pilot

*** Posted by run ***
    Hi Sid

I can only tell you how the Danish Airforce selects its pilots. We have one of the toughest selection programs because Denmark is a small country and can't afford to put people through the education who may or may not make it. It costs several million dollars to make an f16 pilot. If you are from US or other countries it is probably easier to get in.

They give you an IQ test, so I guess they do care about your intelligence. You have to be good in math and Denmark don't accept people who are allready wearing glasses. On top of this there are a lot of other tests you have to go through. This may be different in other countries.

Hope that helped.

John Raahauge (run)

[Hi there, all my life i loved jet planes, and so i wanna become a fighter pilot. So my question is that can i become a pilot with not so good grades, like do you have to be real smart to become a fighter pilot, cause right now i'm a senior in high school, how about the math, do you need to be good at math? This is very important please respond to this message, and one more thing is that i wear glasses, will that effect me from being a pilot?]
  •  03-22-2001, 6:50 PM 1315 in reply to 1233

Re:becoming a fighter pilot

*** Posted by Jack Armstrong ***
    [Hi there, all my life i loved jet planes, and so i wanna become a fighter pilot. So my question is that can i become a pilot with not so good grades, like do you have to be real smart to become a fighter pilot, cause right now i'm a senior in high school, how about the math, do you need to be good at math? This is very important please respond to this message, and one more thing is that i wear glasses, will that effect me from being a pilot?]

If you are a High School Senior and you can't find the SHIFT key on your computer, and you use " like " in every sentence, you can forget about becoming a fighter pilot. There is a lot of competition for the privilege of entering the training program and I don't think you'll get by the first interview.
  •  01-01-2008, 11:30 PM 5028 in reply to 1233

Re: becoming a fighter pilot

yes if you were glasses you can not become a pilot at all not even if you have them fixed and they grades have to be realy good that i know of
  •  01-10-2008, 2:26 PM 5066 in reply to 5028

That is not true.  The USAF will grant some people waivers or pay for PRK eye surgery.  It is more common at the academy than elsewhere, but it is possible.

Grades/brains ARE important.

•  03-31-2011, 9:18 AM 10265 in reply to 5066

raimius:

That is not true.  The USAF will grant some people waivers or pay for PRK eye surgery.  It is more common at the academy than elsewhere, but it is possible.

Grades/brains ARE important.

Hi,

I do not agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting.

This link below can show more info, you can find them at: Pilot interview questions

Tks and best regards

•  07-03-2011, 10:00 PM 10499 in reply to 1233

If you want to bacome a pilot than you must have a very good knowledge of everything. you have to take some steps by yourself sometimes. but if you have a glasses then you can't be a fighter pilot because if you can't see the sentence or routs then how can you be a fighter pilot. but yes if you do the operation for removing your glasses and then you can read and see properly then you can be a fighter pilot.
  •  07-10-2011, 10:03 PM 10518 in reply to 10499

NO! DO NOT GET LASIK OR PRK WITHOUT MILITARY APPROVAL!
    Doing so may disqualify you from being a pilot in the USAF.

If you can pass a Class I flight physical, you can be medically qualified to be a pilot. Perfect vision is NOT required. You must be within certain limits and correctable (i.e. glasses or contacts) to 20/20.
  •  07-22-2011, 12:00 AM 10550 in reply to 10518

I will try to follow your advices... I am sure that I will have excellent results.
  •  07-23-2011, 9:18 AM 10551 in reply to 10518

The advancements in laser eye surgery have taken place faster than the military's rules update.  I think that anyone would have a good chance for prior approval of the procedure.   Frankly, if you vision is good it is good, if it is bad it is bad regardless of how it got that way.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us