LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Do I got a good shot at usafa, or is afrotc my only option

Last post 08-24-2007, 10:31 PM by chickenwing07. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-24-2007, 2:21 PM 4651

Do I got a good shot at usafa, or is afrotc my only option

about me -- Im junior in high school
    -------------------------------
    First of all, I know the minimum requirements for the air force academy, but theres 2 problems I have.

-I played baseball in T-ball , little league, state tournaments, aau (travel team), and middle school ball. I even played all year round, in the summer and the winter. It was my life. But when I started high school, I got burnt out on baseball, and so I stopped. It's not that I dont like to get involved or anything...I just got tired of it.  -- So should that throw away my chances of getting into USAF because I didnt play high school ball specifically?

-Second problem is the fact that I don't have much community involvement.  I live in a small redneck town in NC, and I tried to look for a civil air patrol unit near me(something interesting), and there wasn't one in my town...figures. About the only thing that I do regularly is go to church 3+ times a week. And just so you know, I have no intentions on being on student government. (I dont think they do anything useful at my school)

After reading that, would you think I would have a better shot at going to USAFA or AFROTC and be a pilot?
  •  08-24-2007, 10:19 PM 4652 in reply to 4651

Re: Do I got a good shot at usafa, or is afrotc my only option

Need to know a lot more, like GPA, ACT/SAT, Class rank, WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, jobs, awards, sports, EC's, etc.
  •  08-24-2007, 10:31 PM 4653 in reply to 4652

Re: Do I got a good shot at usafa, or is afrotc my only option

Class rank is about 30 last time i checked. gpa is 3.5 (getting higher). awards...alot of trophies for baseball/basketball/ other stuff like perfect attendance.
    jobs = nothing
    sports = baseball up to middle school, basketball one year in elementary. no community involvement except church. no clubs at school.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us