corner

LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

I want to be an Air Force pilot. Please help.

Last post 04-25-2008, 12:02 AM by raimius. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-20-2008, 7:56 PM 5387

I want to be an Air Force pilot. Please help.

I am graduating High school after completing 4 years of NJROTC and have been accepted to the University of Houston, the college I will attend. I plan to get a technical major and take 4 years of their Air Force ROTC, so I will be comissioned as an officer. I really want to be a pilot. I dont care if I have to fly a transport plain or fighter, I just want to fly. What should I do in the next 4 years to achieve my goal, and will there be a need for pilots in the next 4 years. I have perfect vision and hearing and meet the height weight requirement. I believe I have what it takes, any help would do.
  •  04-25-2008, 12:02 AM 5397 in reply to 5387

Re: I want to be an Air Force pilot. Please help.

You're on the right track.  Be an active and contributing member in your detachment.  Do well in classes.  Those GPA and Commander's Review are the largest items in the order of merit calculations (which determines who gets to pick their jobs first).  So, to have the best chance at getting a UPT slot, you want to be very high on the order of merit.  That way, you will get to choose before the slots are taken by other qualified people.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us