LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Question to actual fighter pilots

Last post 08-31-2005, 3:20 PM by starwind. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-26-2002, 1:43 PM 1609

Question to actual fighter pilots

*** Posted by Mobius 1 ***
    This might seem kind of stupid to ask this,but I have to know I am 17 and intrested in becoming a fighter pilot, well the question is, is it true that to become a fighter pilot you must know a great deal of mathematics?
  •  01-29-2002, 3:43 AM 1612 in reply to 1609

Re:Question to actual fighter pilots

*** Posted by Adrian ***
    [This might seem kind of stupid to ask this,but I have to know I am 17 and intrested in becoming a fighter pilot, well the question is, is it true that to become a fighter pilot you must know a great deal of mathematics?]

You must be proficient with mathematics, it is the basis for ALL the sciences you will learn in your quest to be a pilot.
  •  02-01-2002, 12:17 PM 1620 in reply to 1612

*** Posted by Justin ***
    [This might seem kind of stupid to ask this,but I have to know I am 17 and intrested in becoming a fighter pilot, well the question is, is it true that to become a fighter pilot you must know a great deal of mathematics?

You must be proficient with mathematics, it is the basis for ALL the sciences you will learn in your quest to be a pilot.
    ]

Maths helps you allot when going through the initiation stages but you do not apply them to the same dagree once in flight school as i have found. But it is somthing you might want to focus on if truely wanting to achieve in this field.
  •  03-26-2002, 9:24 PM 1660 in reply to 1612

*** Posted by Jessica ***
    I have a question and I really want you to take me seriously. I know I am only 14 but I know I really want to be in the U.S AirFore as a fighter pilot.I want to start learning and reading things now and start learning but I dont know where to start.
    I want to know if you can help me out by maybe tellin me what I could start readin up on or learnin about and where to find it.
  •  09-18-2002, 4:19 PM 1848 in reply to 1660

Re: Re:Question to actual fighter pilots

Jessica,
    I am currently in the USAF and think I might be able to give you a few tips. First and foremost..do good in high school!! Do your best to become or maintain an "A" average, and get involved with student activities. You may ask how this will help you to become a fighter pilot...and I'll tell you. The "easiest" way to become a USAF pilot is to go to the Air Force Academy. This is where High School comes into play. The whole person concept is taken into consideration when applying to the Academy. An endorsement on a formal letter from a Senator or Congressman doesn't hurt matters much either when applying .
    Everyone that goes to the Academy has the opportunity to learn to fly (small planes and gliders), and those that excel in the flight program, as well as academics, are usually the first picked to continue on to formal flight training in the Air Force (after you complete school of course). During flight school, depending on how you are doing and your preference, to some extent, they determine what type of aircraft you will be flying. It could be a "heavy", such as a tanker, transport etc., a bomber such as the B-52, B-1, B-2 etc., or a fighter like the F-16 or F-15.
    Hope this helps in your quest to be a pilot. If you don't get into the academy, it doesn't mean you can't be a pilot. You do, however, need a four year college degree to get your commision before you do anything. The degree is the one definite variable that is unavoidable.
    Bottom line, do good now, try to get into the Academy, if that doesn't work out for you go to college through some ROTC program, join the AF and try that route.
    Good luck..KB
  •  09-24-2002, 6:27 AM 1858 in reply to 1848

I am currently 16 years of age from South Africa, and like many teenagers am interested in becoming the best fighter pilot that I can possibly be in the near future. My ambition and determination to become a fighter pilot is unlimited and my grades are exceptionally well. But my first question is: How do I “rise above” all the others that too, want to be fighter pilots? (Especially taking in to consideration that I’m a woman) And my second question being: Can I join the USAF, even though I’m a South African citizen and how do I proceed in doing so?
    Thank you, Bernice
  •  11-13-2002, 6:39 PM 2051 in reply to 1848

Re: Question to actual fighter pilots

Did you say you must a have a four year college degree? If so, does it have to be a certain type of degree?
    I think what I me and other need is a good source of the requirements to become a fighter pilot and the processes that must be undergone. Also, any statistics on what percantage of people who try to become fighter pilots actually make it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.
    And one book I must recommend to others is "Vipers in the Storm" by Keith Rosenkranz. I myself cannot stand to read large amounts of literature at a time, especially for school. However, this book is so awesome even I enjoy reading it. Plus I learned a bunch about Desert storm and being the pilot of an F-16.

DragonFang
  •  04-06-2003, 3:44 PM 2230 in reply to 1848

I am 2.02 m tall. Could I ever fly a military aircraft? I mean i don`t know how large the cockpit is and if fligt suits are made for my size.
  •  04-08-2003, 6:07 PM 2247 in reply to 2230

I am currently 14 years old and looking at being a fighter pilot. I am looking at USAFA. Did any of you go there, and could you tell me about your time there.
  •  09-14-2003, 3:18 PM 2360 in reply to 2230

"I am 2.02 m tall. Could I ever fly a military aircraft? I mean i don`t know how large the cockpit is and if fligt suits are made for my size."

I don'tk now meters, but I do know that to be a fighter pilot you must be at least 5' 2" and no taller than 6' 2". I think that it the same for cargo and bomber aircraft.
  •  11-19-2003, 1:44 PM 2394 in reply to 2360

hi,
    to answer your question...in meters you are... 6,6 meters tall... and 5 feet 2 is 1.58 meters..

•  11-23-2003, 4:28 PM 2395 in reply to 1660

Get some flying lessons to get an idea what flying is like, this is also help with your Pilot aptitude battery test a bit. While still at school try doing good in maths and physics. Work on your fitness, dont have to be a marathon runner, but do keep in shape, start lifting weights when you turn 16/17. You wanna be Mr. short stocky guy, ideal height for fighter pilot is 5.8, this is to do with g-forces. The short guy can handle the g-forces a little bit better, not always, but most of the time. Play soccer and table tennis, this is to improve your cordination and your reflexes, and no weed and alcohol does not help you with your cordination and reflexes. If you wanna know more information check the USAF recruitment website, or just go to a recruitment centre and get more information, I am sure they wont mind. If you wanna rise about everyone else, mate work your ass off day and night. If you wanna be the best fighter pilot in the world join the Israeli Air force, thats if you can make it in.
  •  03-14-2005, 11:22 AM 2839 in reply to 1848

whats up, i was wondering did you go to the USAFA and if you did tell me about your time there.  Just to give me an idea of how it is.  Im fifteen years old and im in the tenth grade.

thank you
  •  05-10-2005, 1:58 PM 2911 in reply to 1609

Re: Question to actual fighter pilots

The math in this field is crucial! Good Luck!
  •  08-31-2005, 3:20 PM 3012 in reply to 1848

Hi Jessica,
    your info was very useful however i have just one question. i haven't done so well in high school, i'm not very good at math or science and i know those are the two subjects that you must be exceptional at. i will try to see if i can get myself into the academy however, do you think it is possible for me to still be able to become a pilot lets say by getting a degree in college? if so then what would you suggest i take in college?

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us