LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

am i too tall????!!!!!!!!!!

Last post 07-31-2004, 8:33 PM by Jamie_17UK. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-19-2004, 8:58 PM 2478

am i too tall????!!!!!!!!!!

i am 6ft 1.5" and i am only 14. is there no hope for me to be a fighter pilot or any type of pilot for that matter?

******************************thnx
    D_Rock
  •  07-15-2004, 8:31 PM 2510 in reply to 2478

Re: am i too tall????!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you for sure, D_Rock, but I've seen a lot of tall pilots. I'm about your height, but 16, and I'm worried myself. But like I said, I've seen some TALL pilots. I haven't seen them RIGHT up close, so I don't know how tall, but we go over to where the 147th is stationed every Sunday because it's right by my church, and occasionally I'll see a pilot. Everyone of them has been tall.
  •  07-31-2004, 8:33 PM 2516 in reply to 2510

Re: am i too tall????!!!!!!!!!!

Hi im new to this site, and am from England. Im nearly 17 and want to be a fighter pilot. I have reserached a lot into height, and it seems in our RAF (not sure how its done in the USAF though) and as for height i dont believe there is a minimum or max. height, i believe it is more orientated on specific measurements, such as knee to buttock length, which is something to do with the ejector seat. So to my knowledge it is unlikely that you can be rejected outright due to height, altough it is known that the shorter the person the greater the natural G tolerance-which is good for me as im only 5ft 5!
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us