LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

22 YEAR OLD, SOME COLLEGE, AVG GRADES, STRONG DESIRE TO FLY

Last post 07-30-2014, 6:39 AM by angelsfrog. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-07-2008, 4:22 PM 6176

22 YEAR OLD, SOME COLLEGE, AVG GRADES, STRONG DESIRE TO FLY

I cant seem to find any information on becoming a pilot with my situation.  As the subject states, I am a 22 year old student taking some time off from school.  I currently am in real estate which obviously is not going so well.  I have about 3 1/2 years of college, mostly just core classes. I was going for a business degree but became bored with the idea.  My grades are average because like I said I was not happy with where I was and what I was studying.  I know that with my combination of a strong desire to travel and fly that this is what I want to do. 

So with all of that said I am just looking for a little guidance or information on what I should do.  I don't have a preference of which service I choose, just so long as I get to fly.  I have been considering Coast Guard, Air Guard, or Navy.

Thanks in advance!
  •  12-07-2008, 4:24 PM 6177 in reply to 6176

Re: 22 YEAR OLD, SOME COLLEGE, AVG GRADES, STRONG DESIRE TO FLY

I also meant to say that I have corrected vision at 20/10, and am in excellent physical condition.
  •  01-02-2009, 10:01 PM 6301 in reply to 6176

Look into either AFROTC or NROTC.
  •  02-29-2012, 12:02 PM 11238 in reply to 6176

Well, if you wish to fly in the Air Force you're going to need to finish that degree.

If you have 3 1/2 years of college I strongly suggest riding out the boredom and finishing that degree.

It will help you whatever you decide to do, including becoming a pilot. You're 22 years old still. Young. You can do whatever you want. Whatever you desire, go for it. If a degree will help you get there, don't let boredom be a factor.

If you want, why not get some lessons at a local flight school? If you really like it, get your pilot licenses there.
  •  06-19-2014, 8:30 PM 13280 in reply to 6176

Hi.

You did not mention what you were studying.

If you were studying engineering courses, that will be great for your attempt to become a pilot, coz pilot have to know not only how to fly a airplane, but also how does the aircraft fly.

That is most important thing which will probably save you and your partner under most urgent situations.

Nevertheless, you should get some good courses when being trained. What I am saying is it will do a lot help if you have a engineering background.

Good luck~!
  •  07-30-2014, 6:39 AM 13384 in reply to 13280

Just go to your local aeroclub rent an airplane with propeller and togeteher with a pilot make a test flight. You will find many suggestions and ways to become a pilot.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us