LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

the G force

Last post 10-17-2000, 10:17 PM by anonymous2. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-21-2000, 11:00 PM 1073

the G force

*** Posted by deanna ***
    I've obviously never flown in a fighter or any other aircraft. I just had some basic questions about the g force and what it does to you. I read an article about these new suits that are being developed and I basically wanted to know what the effect of being in an F-15 or the such would have on your body.
  •  04-22-2000, 6:19 PM 1074 in reply to 1073

Re:the G force

*** Posted by John ***
    Hi Deanna

In modern fighters like the F-15 or the F-16 you are exposed to up to 9 g's. This happens fx. when you want to make a sharp turn in a dogfight or during aerobatics. If you were sitting on a scale while pulling 9 g's, it would show 9 times what you weigh. This also means that everything inside your body weighs 9 times as much. This is especially a problem with the blood in your head since it wants to flow downwards. You can resist this by tightening your muscles and by wearing a g-suit that squeezes your legs, stomach and in some cases chest and arms to prevent the blood to flow there. If you don't you will first loose your vision & then you will pass out due to lack of blood (oxygen) in your brain.

John
    [I've obviously never flown in a fighter or any other aircraft. I just had some basic questions about the g force and what it does to you. I read an article about these new suits that are being developed and I basically wanted to know what the effect of being in an F-15 or the such would have on your body. ]
  •  10-16-2000, 7:34 PM 1224 in reply to 1074

*** Posted by Sid Nomani ***
    Is it really painfull when you pull g's? and the other thing is that when your in for training, i heard that you sit in some kind of thing that spins you like hell and makes you really dizzy, is this true??
  •  10-17-2000, 10:17 PM 1230 in reply to 1224

*** Posted by run ***
    Hi Sid

If you pull 9 g's for a longer period of time it actually does hurt. It is very stressfull for your body to pull that many g's.
    The bloodvessels in your arms and legs burst and leaves blue marks on some people. Your heart literally drops a couple of inchhes from it's normal position while you are pulling g's-

run
    [Is it really painfull when you pull g's? and the other thing is that when your in for training, i heard that you sit in some kind of thing that spins you like hell and makes you really dizzy, is this true??
    ]
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us