LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Help Please?

Last post 02-05-2008, 11:30 PM by RHS2009. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-04-2008, 10:23 PM 5169

Help Please?

I've read post after post of aspiring kids (such as me) urning for the right be to a USAF/NAVY fighter pilot. Yet i haven't seen any of the questions i have, asked yet.

so here i go..i've recently decided after visiting a military base that i would absoloutley love to be a pilot in the armed forces, i havent had a plan for my future untill now but im afraid that my opportunities have been tarnished due to grades. I run an absoloutley horrible D average because ive never aspired for anything like this until now.

With no run in's with the law, excellent vision and a good physical abililty im wonder if i've still got a shot and if its too late to turn things around. And if i've got a shot what path should i take in making my dream a reality.

Actually to simplify my main question, how heavily are high school grades weighted for becoming a pilot?

ANY AND ALL HELP POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
  •  02-05-2008, 10:26 PM 5175 in reply to 5169

Re: Help Please?

The only people that will look at your high school grades are:

The USAF academy--with a D avg, don't even bother applying.

The college that you are going to go to.  You need a 4 year degree to become an officer in the Air Force.  With a D avg, you may have to do some sort of Community college in order to be accepted into a 4 year instituition.  I'm not sure what year you are so you may still be able to make up for lost time. 

Since the USAFA is out for you there are two options for you. 

1.  ROTC-Only offered at certain universities.  Some if not all have cross town type understanding where you can attend ROTC classes while attending your CC.

2.  OTS - Sometimes tough to get into.  You basically get your degree and then aplly for a pilot slot through OTS. 

Google both OTS (Officer Training School) and AFROTC for more understanding.

Hope this helps.  Focus on your dream one step at a time while keeping your end goal in your mind.  Hit the books.

•  02-05-2008, 11:30 PM 5178 in reply to 5175

Re: Help Please?

Thanks a lot Tweet, i've been paying a lot of attnetion to my post and nobody was responding so i was expecting the worst. I haven't researched the academy much but I knew from what i've read on here that i dont have a shot.

Thanks for taking the time to reply i really appreciate it.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us