LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

AGM-65 Maverick employment procedure

Last post 03-23-2001, 8:22 AM by anonymous2. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-22-2001, 11:21 AM 1314

AGM-65 Maverick employment procedure

*** Posted by Branislav ***
    Dear Sir,

I am interested in the switchology and operation procedures-checklists for launching the Maverick in various modes.
    I think I've got a reasonable grasp of the operating procedures from the accounts I've read but it would be great if you could fill me in on anything I've missed or misunderstood.

Use in SLAVE mode:

1. Before takeoff or in flight - boresight the missiles so they'll be tied to radar
    2. Select Maverick missiles with the stores management system (SMS) MFD and switch to SLAVE mode
    3. Power up the Maverick systems
    4. Lock up a moving target with GM/SEA/GMT/GMTT
    5. Check master arm switch set to ARM
    6. Depress the UNCAGE switch on the throttle to call up the Maverick video in wide field of view (WFOV)
    7. Check the HUD and the placement of TD box
    8. Push the display management system (DMS) switch to aft position to put the sensor of interest (SOI) in the weapon (WPN)
    9. Select Hot on Cold (HOC) or Cold on Hot (COH) mode for best target image definition under present conditions.
    10. Push TMS forward and hold
    11. Slew the Maverick tracking gates over the target using the cursor/enable switch on throttle
    12. Press the UNCAGE button again to switch to narrow field of view (NFOV)
    13. Refine the position of the tracking gates
    14. Release TMS) switch to lock up the target
    (Could you also please confirm that you get a little circle in the HUD showing the Maverick target)?
    15. Ensure the pointing cross is within a keyhole-shaped area that extends 10 degrees around the tracking gates and all the way down to the 15-degree depression marker. This confirms that the seeker look angle is within launch limits.
    16. Ensure superimpose of the Maverick circle and the TD box in the HUD
    17. Ensure the pointing cross is steady and not flashing. This confirms that the missile has a good track and is within launch parameters.
    18. Ensure you are within range - I won't push you on this!
    19. Press the PICKLE button to launch
    20. Egress

Some related questions are:
    1.Missile boresight - Is this some sort of calibration to ensure that the missile looks exactly where the radar is pointing in slave mode? What is the procedure?
    2. What is default Maverick mode - SLAVE or BORE
    3. What are HUD mnemonics: BORE and SLAVE as in Falcon 4.0 or EO-VIS, EO-PRE and other?
    4. In Falcon 4.0 when the Maverick seeker head "sees" the target the Maverick tracking gates start to "breath". Please confirm that is not happens in real life.
    5. After launching the first Maverick, what happens to the MFD - does it go blank? Do you have to press the UNCAGE switch again to activate the second missile and display the Maverick video again?
    6. After launching the first Maverick, is the next Maverick station automatically selected for you or do you have to step to the next station manually?
    7. Can You tell me what is the step by step BORE (EO-VIS) AGM-65 operating procedure. Please.

Any answer will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

falconbr
  •  03-23-2001, 8:22 AM 1316 in reply to 1314

Re:AGM-65 Maverick employment procedure

*** Posted by run ***
    Hi

I would love to answer your questions, but we are getting into a gray area where it is hard to define what is and what is not classified, so I can't confirm or deny your postings.
    Funny enough you can find a lot of stuff on the net that would be classified if it came from me, but not if it comes from Janes or a game.
    It is all about thustworthiness.

Sorry

Run
    The

[Dear Sir,

I am interested in the switchology and operation procedures-checklists for launching the Maverick in various modes.
    I think I've got a reasonable grasp of the operating procedures from the accounts I've read but it would be great if you could fill me in on anything I've missed or misunderstood.

Use in SLAVE mode:

1. Before takeoff or in flight - boresight the missiles so they'll be tied to radar
    2. Select Maverick missiles with the stores management system (SMS) MFD and switch to SLAVE mode
    3. Power up the Maverick systems
    4. Lock up a moving target with GM/SEA/GMT/GMTT
    5. Check master arm switch set to ARM
    6. Depress the UNCAGE switch on the throttle to call up the Maverick video in wide field of view (WFOV)
    7. Check the HUD and the placement of TD box
    8. Push the display management system (DMS) switch to aft position to put the sensor of interest (SOI) in the weapon (WPN)
    9. Select Hot on Cold (HOC) or Cold on Hot (COH) mode for best target image definition under present conditions.
    10. Push TMS forward and hold
    11. Slew the Maverick tracking gates over the target using the cursor/enable switch on throttle
    12. Press the UNCAGE button again to switch to narrow field of view (NFOV)
    13. Refine the position of the tracking gates
    14. Release TMS) switch to lock up the target
    (Could you also please confirm that you get a little circle in the HUD showing the Maverick target)?
    15. Ensure the pointing cross is within a keyhole-shaped area that extends 10 degrees around the tracking gates and all the way down to the 15-degree depression marker. This confirms that the seeker look angle is within launch limits.
    16. Ensure superimpose of the Maverick circle and the TD box in the HUD
    17. Ensure the pointing cross is steady and not flashing. This confirms that the missile has a good track and is within launch parameters.
    18. Ensure you are within range - I won't push you on this!
    19. Press the PICKLE button to launch
    20. Egress

Some related questions are:
    1.Missile boresight - Is this some sort of calibration to ensure that the missile looks exactly where the radar is pointing in slave mode? What is the procedure?
    2. What is default Maverick mode - SLAVE or BORE
    3. What are HUD mnemonics: BORE and SLAVE as in Falcon 4.0 or EO-VIS, EO-PRE and other?
    4. In Falcon 4.0 when the Maverick seeker head "sees" the target the Maverick tracking gates start to "breath". Please confirm that is not happens in real life.
    5. After launching the first Maverick, what happens to the MFD - does it go blank? Do you have to press the UNCAGE switch again to activate the second missile and display the Maverick video again?
    6. After launching the first Maverick, is the next Maverick station automatically selected for you or do you have to step to the next station manually?
    7. Can You tell me what is the step by step BORE (EO-VIS) AGM-65 operating procedure. Please.

Any answer will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

falconbr
    ]
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact